Thursday, October 15, 2009

I really must be going (to sleep) now

I'm tired. Really tired. I'm constantly thinking about how long until I can go to sleep. I think about sleep while I'm at work. I think about sleep while I'm running. I think I even dreamed about sleeping one night. I remember from my last marathon the sore legs, the sweat and the massive amounts of sports drinks but I don't remember being so darn tired all the time. Of course, I was 7 years younger but that's only 1 dog year so that can't have much of an effect, can it?

Several people have postulated that the change in weather is partly to blame. I hope that's the case because this sleepiness is having an adverse effect on my social life. I barely made it through cheeseburgers with my friends last night. Last weekend I was invited to what sounded like a really cool party. I couldn't go, but it's probably for the best because I was in bed by 9:30 that night.

Needless to say, my runs have been somewhat sluggish this week. I'm holding out hope that I'll regain my mojo next week and my social life will be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment