Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dopey Adventure, Day 1

The day has finally arrived - we have finally touched down at Disney World! Travel was fairly easy - both flights were on time. In fact, we almost missed boarding in Bloomington because we were hanging out in the airport bar and didn't hear the boarding announcement for the one and only flight that was scheduled at that time. Lesson learned - pay attention to the time.

The most interesting thing of note during our travels was the ongoing saga of Dan's race costume. He finally decided to pay for extra baggage to transport his costume via airplane but made the box an inch too long for regulations. We all held our collective breath as the gate staff took the box but they didn't even weigh it. I honestly think they were distracted by Dan describing what the box contained and by viewing the photos on his phone. The costume box made it through to Orlando but had, not surprisingly, been inspected by the TSA. I would have loved to see the looks on their faces when they opened the box.
I shared the back seat of Wendy's car with the costume box on the way to the airport.

My trusty Dopey has been accompanying me on my journey. I've been taking photos of him everywhere, Flat Stanley style and sending them to my Dopey benefactor Patrick. I wonder at what point he's going to get tired of me spamming his Facebook messenger.

Dopey waits for our connecting flight in Atlanta.

Dopey rides the Magical Express to our resort.


We settled into our rooms and then went looking for food. Lately, I've been needing to eat every 2 hours. With all the travel, I didn't get a chance to eat for almost 8 hours - I should have eaten 4 times by then! Unfortunately, the line I chose to stand in to pay for dinner had the slowest and most confused cast member I've ever encountered. The minutes ticked by while she tried to find the pasta salad key for the guy in front of me. The hangry started to set in. It took everything I had to not have a temper tantrum. I needed food. Stat.

Cheesecake! This is what I ate after my last Disney Marathon. It was bigger then. Sigh...


We had a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant, and after being digestively satisfied, when to browse in the gift shop, at which I bought more food. I'm telling you - training hunger is REAL.

Back in the room we unpacked our race provisions and assorted other stuff and looked over our paperwork to get the details about the expo the next morning. Even though it was still early, we were pretty much ready to turn in for the night. After all, tomorrow is a big day!

Dopey watches over my race provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment