Monday, November 9, 2009

Can you see me now?

I've been in the dark for a week now - running that is. (I've been in the dark about other things for a lot longer than that.) It still sucks but I'm adapting. In order to make the best of a dark situation I decided to do what I do best: go shopping. So Friday after work, I headed to the local running store to stock up on "serious runner" accessories. There I picked up a reflective band that goes around your arm or leg (in hot pink!) and a couple packages of Cliff Shot Blocks. Side note: for those unfamiliar with running cuisine, Shot Blocks are dense gelatinous blocks of nutrients that someone somewhere thought would be good for athletes. I sampled Cran Razz on Saturday and it was a much better experience than my Gu-induced vomiting back in '02. But back to all things reflective.

After my stop at the running store, I headed to Dick's Sporting Goods. Upon my inquiry about a running vest, I was directed to the reflective accessories section. Who knew they had a reflective accessories section? It was vast. There were reflective vests, blinking lights, arm bands, and even slap bracelets. It would have taken me long enough to decide what to purchase on my own but the Dick's employee and apparently my new best friend, kept asking me questions about running a marathon. Thankfully another customer had a question for Dick's guy and I was able to quickly select my fashionable vest and disappear to the cashier. Seriously though, check out the selection of reflective items! Monday night I was ready to put my chic new vest to the test. I mapped out a 4 mile route, slipped on the vest and headed out. It must have worked because nobody ran over me. I decided to skip the head lamp as the vest made me feel enough like a big, reflective dork already. However, due to popular demand, I did model the illuminated look for a quick photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment