Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Does this top 10 list make my butt look big?

Even though it seems like I have endless weeks of training to go before it's marathon day, in actuality there are only about 6 weeks left. Three of those weeks include holidays. So my friends figured that we'd better plan what we're all wearing soon so it could be purchased in time for our trip.

This all started because months ago, I had floated the idea of having my spectating entourage wear some sort of "Team Raegan" shirt so I could easily pick them out on the sidelines even during what will surely be a delirious state around mile 21. Jennie and Bridget jumped on this idea and before I knew it, they had come up with the idea to have a top ten list of reasons why they were NOT running the marathon. They further brainstormed and decided to keep with the Disney theme and tweak actual quotes from Disney movies to make up their reasons. Not surprisingly, they came up with a hell of a lot more than 10 reasons. Edits were made and following is the top ten list that will appear on the back of their shirts:

10. Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it’s back to bed we go. (Snow White)

9. I don’t have “Hercules” strength to run 26.2 miles. (Hercules)

8. It’s a long race after all. It’s a long race after all. (It’s a Small World)

7. We are simply fans if you please. (Lady & The Tramp)

6. I prefer “Ratatouille” over Gu. (Ratatouille)

5. I would tell you, but there are preschool toys present. (Toy Story)

4. I don’t do anything stupid. Like that. (Pirates of the Caribbean)

3. Cruella de Ville, Cruella de Ville, if she doesn’t kill you the marathon will. (101 Dalmations)

2. It’s all fun and games until someone loses a toenail. (Tarzan)

1. 26.2 miles can give you such a crick in the neck. (Aladdin)

So as you can see, give a girl some free time and access to Google and you'll be amazed what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment