Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hell Week

I have to run 40 miles this week!
40.
Miles.
In the span of 7 days.

20 of those miles have to be run at once. People buy tickets for a Greyhound bus to take them that far. As an added character-builder, the temperature tomorrow when Runner Wendy and I head out for a brisk 10 miles will be a balmy 8 degrees. Fahrenheit. We will be running more miles than there are degrees registering on the thermometer.

This is the week that I've been dreading since September 5th. Most of whatever energy I had left at the end of a run went into freaking out about this week. Now it's here. I've devoted the time. I've put in the training and I've got the scars to prove it. (Literally. Want to see?) So now I just need to come with my mental game. I realize, however, that most people think my mental game was lost the moment I decided to run a winter marathon but I gotta work with what I have.

So now I need to go mentally prepare for my 40 mile week. I gotta be out runnin' the streets early. Unless I can catch one of those Greyhounds...

1 comment:

  1. Note: it was actually only 7 degrees when we started. I just love winter in Illinois!

    ReplyDelete